It’s my first attempt to bake chiffon cake and today I have decided to bake Hokkaido Chiffon Cakes 北海道牛奶蛋糕.
Did a little research, I walked opposite to grab some of the missing ingredients like cake flour and full cream milk. I had lots of heavy cream at home so the idea of making a hokkaido chiffon cake is like a must. 🙂
Thank you for the sharing from KitchenTigress’s recipe, 周老師’s recipe and Nasi Lemak Lover’s recipe.
Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes 北海道牛奶蛋糕
(recipe source: adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover and Kitchen Tigress with minor changes)
*makes 9 cupcakes
3 egg yolks
1 tsp fine sugar
60g full cream milk
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
1 tsp fine sugar
1 cup (200ml) heavy whipping cream
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C. (5 mins)
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour. (looks fluffy)
4. Add in melted butter and full cream milk, and mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
Use another bowl for this part:
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
Mixing the Yolk batter and the egg white batter:
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
Placing the mixture into the paper liners:
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
10. Bake for 15 – 20 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (over a bowl of iced water).
12. Pipe custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.
Strawberries are for decoration.